Student Visa

There are a large number of universities, colleges and educational institutions in Canada that are authorized by IRCC. They are called designated learning institutions (DLIs).

Ikaigai provides you everything that you need to know about study, work and immigration to Canada.

Canada is one of the world’s best places for education and work options. To study in Canada, you will need to apply for a study permit. You can select a specific study program from a specific Canadian educational institution.

To apply for a study permit, do some research and find the study program you want to pursue. Submit your application to the designated learning institution in Canada. Once you obtain a letter of acceptance, you can submit an application to the Government of Canada for a study permit. This document will allow you to remain in Canada legally as a student. There are options for you to remain in Canada after completion of your studies to gain more professional work experience and pursue permanent residence. Ikaigai Immigration can help you all along.

Study Pathways to Permanent Residence (PR)

Canadian education and work experience matter when you apply for Canadian permanent residence. It gives you an edge as several provincial and federal immigration programs value your education and work experience in Canada.

Completion of post-secondary education in Canada opens several opportunities for you to extend your stay and ultimately transform it into a permanent residence.

Post-graduation work permit (PGWP) helps you gain Canadian work experience if you obtain it after completing your education in Canada. Based on your academic program, PGWP helps you to work in Canada for up to three years. In addition, it helps you pursue other federal and provincial permanent residence programs. The following are some of those:

  • Provincial Nominee Program
  • Quebec
  • Express Entry
  • Federal Skilled Workers Program (FSWP)
  • Canadian Experience Class
  • Federal Skilled Trades Program
  • Atlantic immigration Pilot

Benefits of Studying in Canada

  • You will be legally eligible to work in Canada.
  • You will work off-campus if your permit allows it.
  • You can bring your children to Canada without they requiring their own study permit.
  • Your spouse or partner can obtain an open work permit. They can work anywhere in Canada.
  • You will get Canadian degree and your credentials will become more valuable.
  • You will develop stronger language skills. They support you in gaining more points under Canada’s immigration programs.
  • The combination of Canadian education, post-graduation work permit (PGWP) and experienced gained through PGWP will enhance your chances of obtaining Canadian permanent residence.